My life was recently changed. A friend of us ours had us over for dinner and her husband introduced me to the most amazing drink. And since I don’t like to be stingy when I discover delicious things, I am going to share it with you!
It’s the perfect drink for sitting on your front porch on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, for lounging at the beach or by the pool, or for hosting a fabulous girls night. Ladies (and gentlemen), I introduce you to the perfect summer cocktail.
I have no clue what the original name of this recipe is, so I’ve decided to call it the Perfect Summer Spritzer. If anyone knows the actual name for this drink, please let me know! Be warned – You will be addicted.
Here’s the recipe:
Perfect Summer Spritzer
1 1/2 T. sugar
1 1/2 T. hot water
1 750ml bottle Sauvignon Blanc
1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4″ rounds
1 mango, pitted, peeled and finely diced
12 sprigs fresh mint, finely diced
1 c. ginger ale
1. Stir sugar and 1 1/2 T. hot water in a large pitcher until dissolved. Add wine, cucumber and mango.
2. Remove leaves from 6 sprigs of mint and stir into pitcher. Cover and refrigerate for 3 – 6 hours.
3. Stir ginger ale into pitcher.
4. Pour over ice into wine glass and garnish with a mint sprig and cucumber slice.
5. Enjoy! (this is the most important step)
(Note: If you don’t have time to make the above recipe in advance, replace the water/sugar mixture with 2 T. pre-made simple syrup. Add the wine, cucumber, mango and mint. Pour over ice, and top with ginger ale. Garnish as desired.)