My life has been changed. Forever.
It’s dangerous, it’s glorious, and it’s so much fun. I’ve learned how to make doughnuts!
Completely obsessed. Can’t. Stop. Making them. I only need a taste of one to satisfy me … they’re just so much fun to prepare. And decorate. And bake. And share. And watch the pure satisfaction on the faces of those enjoying them. No seriously – eyes light up when people see them, and they’re even more impressed to learn that you made them yourself! (Perk – they’re my hubby’s favorite treat, so I get triple brownie points when I make them.)
These have been my go-to for parties, birthdays and celebrations lately and there’s never any leftover. Cake pops used to be my signature, but I have a feeling those little balls on a stick might just be getting the boot.
I’ve had several people ask me for the recipes, so I’ve decided to share them with you. You’re welcome (or I’m sorry!).
These Brown Butter Pistachio Doughnuts were the first tasty little suckers that are to blame. One taste and I was hooked.
I’ve recently developed and extreme love for anything with pistachio, so I should have known what was to come. But, like a weak little girl, I went on to bake them anyway. And they were worth every single calorie.
Don’t even kid yourself. You know you’re making these bad boys this weekend. You can find the recipe HERE.
After obsessing long enough (as in two days) over the pistachio doughnuts, I decided to tackle yet another amazing recipe: the classic sprinkle doughnut.
They were originally supposed to be Funfetti Doughnuts, but when it came time to add the colorful sprinkles I realized I didn’t have much. Shame on me! I only had one small pack of shark-shaped colorful sprinkles, which I ended up adding to the batter and to the top of one lucky doughnut, which I dedicated to Left Shark.
These were super delicious as well, but pistachio still holds the key to my heart. Find the recipe for Funfetti Doughnuts HERE.
As of now, those are the only two doughnut flavors I’ve made. I know – I’m so ashamed! I just can’t stop making the pistachio ones for those times of need. BUT have no fear! I’ve rounded up a few other baked doughnut recipes for you that sound just as amazing. Can’t wait to give them a shot myself! (Just click the doughnut name for the recipe, which can be found on other websites and blogs.)
- Peppermint Mocha Doughnuts (sounds like a bite of Christmas to me!)
- Quick and Easy Cake Mix Doughnuts (for those times when you’re in a pinch but want to make something impressive!)
- Red Velvet Doughnuts with Cream Cheese Drizzle (OMG why didn’t I make these for Valentine’s Day? It’s a good thing red velvet doesn’t have an expiration date.)
- 29 Healthier Recipes (Because apparently people can make anything “healthy.” My question: Why ruin a DOUGHNUT?!)
Not baked doughnuts, but still worth honorable mention:
- Easy Pillsbury Doughnuts (What CAN’T you do with canned rolls??)
- And the mac daddy of them all – Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts. (Someone make these NOW and report back immediately. Kthanks.)
Before I wrap up this post, I wanted to share a few tips and tricks that I’ve learned in my short life as a doughnut-maker.
1. First and foremost, you’re going to need a doughnut pan. You can get them at Bed Bath and Beyond for around $15.
2. Spoon your batter into a piping bag or a large Ziploc bag and snip the corner off. It makes filling the pan so much easier.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go enjoy. Please donut bother me. (Hehe) 🙂