It’s been a while since I blogged about beauty – shame on me. Life has been so busy that I’ve hardly had a chance to put on makeup for real, let alone take pictures of it and stop to share my thoughts. BUT I have soooo many products and tips I want to share with you, so I am excited to announce that I’m back in action, baby! I’m definitely going to continue sharing about my baby girl and life as a new mom (let’s be honest, I’m obsessed), but I’m ready to get back to beauty blogging, too.
So to get started, I wanted to share with you my new favorite foundation! I am a member of the Influesnter program and received MILK Makeup‘s new Liquid Blur Foundation complimentary to test, and was blown away the first time I tried it. Here’s a brief but detailed review of the product from my own experience.
Included in my VoxBox was two tubes of the Blur Liquid Foundation (in shades Golden Light and Medium Light), and a Dab + Blend Applicator. First impression: The packaging is simple yet fun, and I love the iridescent sparkly box. The applicator feels (and kind of looks?) like one of those silicon inserts you stuff in your bra to push up your girls, and not like anything I’d ever applied makeup with. The foundation retails for $40 and the applicator for $14.
After swatching both colors, Light Medium seemed to be the one to match me best. I blended it into my forearm with the applicator to see how it worked and honestly, I wasn’t impressed with the applicator. But I did like the foundation! My skin has been acting up HARD and decided it wants to look like a teenage boy going through puberty, but it makes for the perfect example to show you just how awesome this foundation is. Here are two looks that I did this week using this foundation. No filters or retouching of the photos, I promise.
See! It really does blur and mattify like it promises! It feels lightweight and wears super comfortably. Obsessed.
To apply, I use a this blush brush (my preferred application method for a full coverage foundation – it gives an airbrushed finish and doesn’t make it look thick and heavy), drizzle a little product onto the brush, dab the brush with the product all over the face, and then blend in circular motions from the center of the face outward. (You can see a quick video tutorial of the second look at the very bottom.)
- It’s full coverage and buildable. The coverage from one light application is enough for me, but I did try building it lightly to cover a breakout and it blended nicely without caking or looking heavy and thick.
- A little goes a long way. It doesn’t take much product to cover the face.
- It’s easy to apply and blends nicely.
- Lasts ALL day. I put it on at 8:00 a.m. and it still looked perfect at 8:00 p.m.
- It doesn’t cake around the nose. Anyone else have that problem with foundations? It seems to be a huge issue for me with a lot of foundations, but I haven’t noticed it happening with this.
- Keeps me matte all day. I have combination skin and tend to get oily later in the day, but this keeps me completely matte ALL DAY.
- You don’t need to set it with a powder, but you can. I use a translucent setting powder and lightly pat with a large powder brush, just to preserve and lengthen the wear time.
- Lightweight packaging which is great for traveling.
- Available in 16 different shades.
- This foundation runs you $40/bottle, which isn’t cheap. Like I mentioned above though, a little goes a long way, so a tube should last you quite a while. You definitely get what you pay for.
- Not really a con, but it’s worth noting that you do need to shake the tube before squirting onto your applicator. Otherwise a more liquidy substance comes out followed by the makeup itself. Just be sure to shake to blend the formula.
To give you a size and cost comparison, here it is against some of my other favorite medium to full coverage foundations.
I hope you found this post helpful! If you want to see how I got the full second look, here’s a quick mini tutorial for you! (Please excuse the many weird faces I make. And no I’m not naked! I have on a towel wrap thingy…)
Products used in the video: MILK Makeup Foundation | Maybelline Better Skin Concealer | Makeup Forever Highlight Powder in Ivory | Makeup For Ever Sculpt Powder in Shadow | Makeup For Ever Blush in Cold Pink | Lorac Pro 3 Eyeshadow Palette | Bare Minerals Bare Pro Powder | Makeup For Ever Excessive Lash Mascara | Becca Highlighter in Champagne Pop | DOSE of Colors DesixKaty Liquid Lipstick in Hot Fire | Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day Setting Spray
Shop some of my favorites: