Hi friends! We are one day away from the weekend. Hallelujah! Today’s post is something a little different from my norm. I mean, if I even have a “norm.” There is always so much happening in this beautiful River City of ours, so I wanted to share some of the exciting things coming up over the next week, in case you’re looking for ways to fill your days and nights. Of course there are dozens of other events happening around town, but I’m sharing some of the ones that I am looking forward to and I think you will enjoy, too.
THURSDAY, JULY 12
- Devour Hour with @DevouringJax at 4Rivers | 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.: Join Anthony of @DevouringJax at 4 Rivers Baymeadows for a special Devour Hour! Your $22 ticket includes your fair share of BBQ egg rolls, loaded bacon fries, brisket slider, pulled pork, chicken wings and a secret dessert! Happy hour is from 3 – 6 p.m., and Devour Hour (with the yummy food) is from 6:30 – 7:30. Don’t miss out – Anthony is such a nice guy and trust me, he knows good food! Follow him on Instagram to see what I mean. CLICK HERE for tickets.
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (July 12 – August 5): Okay, so this one isn’t an event exactly, but it’s totally worth mentioning. If you have eyeballs you’ve likely seen every single blogger talking about the #NSale and sharing their top picks. This is a once-a-year sale to shop the current and upcoming seasons’ clothing at up to half price. It’s not clearance clothing or marked down pieces; it’s literally the newest items at the best prices of the year. I’ll share my top five picks in an upcoming post, but honestly if you’re going to buy just one item from the sale, I can’t say enough about THIS DRESS or THIS DRESS. Seriously the most flattering EVER, so comfy, and I’m pretty sure I need them in every color. The sale is open to cardholders for early access July 12 – 19, and open to the public July 20 – August 5.
SUNDAY, JULY 15
- National Ice Cream Day: Prep your sweet tooth – it’s time to indulge! Because let’s be honest, skipping ice cream on this day is a sin. I’m sure lots of places will be offering specials, so be sure to check in advance to find the *scoop* on the best deals nearby. (Sweet Pete’s Candy will be giving out free scoops of the Zoo ice cream sundae, which looks pretty freaking delicious. See more HERE.)
MONDAY, JULY 16
- Amazon Prime Day | 3 p.m., online: If you’ve been living under a rock and don’t know what Amazon Prime Day is, shame on you. It’s better than Black Friday! Basically on Prime Day, Amazon has thousands of items available at crazy discounts. Most items are timed and only available during those specific times, and limited quantities are available so once they’re gone they’re gone. The sale starts at 3 p.m. and runs for 24 hours or so. I have a post on some awesome deals coming to help you out. I got you! The sale is only available to Amazon Prime Members, so if you’re not a member hurry and become one now! Your life will be so much easier for it – I swear. Click HERE to sign up.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 18
- Influencer Workshop | 3 – 8 p.m. at Seachasers Lounge, Jax Beach: Bloggers and influencers, this one’s for you! The Northflorida Influencers group is hosting a panel workshop event, answering every question you want to know about working with brands at every level. Whether you are a seasoned blogger with thousands of followers, are just getting started, have been blogging for years and can’t seem to grow (hi, hello, that’s me), or are thinking about starting a blog this is something you should definitely consider going to. Tickets are $15 and include the workshop, your first beer or wine, and snacks provided by Celebrity Chef Kenny Gilbert. Purchase tickets HERE.
THURSDAY, JULY 19
- JMB Park Hop at Spring Park | 9 – 11 a.m., Green cove Springs: All you stay at home moms, listen up! Take the kids to burn some energy while you get to meet other local mamas. I’m super jealous – I wish I could go!! Jackonville Moms Blog is taking on Jax one park at a time during their summer Park Hop Series, and Spring Park in Green Cove Springs is up next. Such a cool way to explore new parks in our city! Lots of cool stuff happening as a part of this FREE event, so be sure to check out THIS LINK for more details.
- Meditation + Martinis at LASH | 6:30 p.m., Jax Beach: My home away from home is having another fabulous event! Y’all know I’m at LASH at least every other week for a lash fill, a facial, to pick up some cute accessories in their boutique or for a party … it’s just one of the best places in town. Join them on the 19th for a relaxing evening out with the girls and a guided meditation class by Titanium Yoga. Following the class will be a social with craft martinis, shopping and special deals! Local Jax clothing line Basic B. The Label will also be in the salon with some of their newest graphic tees and hats! Call 904.758.1072 or DM @LashJax on Instagram to reserve your spot – space is limited. Going to be a great night! Be sure to tell them I sent you!
- The Fun Show with Kat + Nat | 7:30 p.m. at the Florida Theatre: I cannot WAIT to go to this show, y’all! I’m seriously so stoked. Cat & Nat, the mom duo most well-known for their viral #momtruths videos and hilarious weekly Facebook Live Shows, are hitting the road! On their first Live North American Tour they are taking a girls night out to a new level. Talking about all the things people are thinking but no one is saying in an honest, hilarious candid way. With the focus on community and uniting women (and men, yes some men come and learn a thing or two!) this show offers a little something for everyone. There will be music, dancing, cocktails, and honest talk with a whole lot of fun in between. Get your tickets to the “The Fun Show” for a night to remember HERE. Hope to see you there! Tickets start at $39.50.
FRIDAY, JULY 20
- 2nd Annual rock the Block Gummy Fest | 4 – 8 p.m. at Sweet Pete’s/Candy Apple Cafe, Downtown: What a fun event for the kiddos! Wander through 7 different gummy lands, sample a huge variety of gummies, and enjoy activities paired with each gummy land theme. This is a ticketed event and all persons over the age of 1-year-old must be paid for in advance. General admission is $5 and limited VIP tickets are $20. If you’ve never been to Sweet Pete’s this is an excellent time to check it out! Such a fun place. Click HERE for more info and tickets. Here’s a little of what you can expect:
SATURDAY, JULY 21
- Mimosas at the Moon | 9 – 11 a.m., St. Johns Town Center: Jax Moms Blog is at it again with another fun sip & shop event. And no, you don’t have to be a mom to attend! Guests will enjoy complimentary mimosas, brunch hors d’oeuvres, the chances to win raffle prizes including a Corkcicle Cooler and a Berg + Betts watch, and enjoy a 15% off storewide discount. This is a FREE event. Find out more HERE!
Those are my top picks for happenings in Jacksonville over the next week! I hope you find this helpful, and found at least one event to mark on your calendars. I’ll be back with more next week! If you have any types of events you’d like to see, please drop a comment below and let me know!
Upcoming posts to be on the lookout for:
- My top picks for Amazon Prime Day
- An evening with Food Network’s Emily Ellyn
- How to go “Muraling” around town/ Jax’s best wall murals
- Tips for staying in a hotel with a baby
- Review of Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort