I don’t have my own blog, so my niece Blakeley (who owns this blog) suggested I write a guest post so that I can share everything I received in my package. I learned about Foodie Penpals from reading her blog, and this was my first time participating. Our entire family loves food, so this is a pretty perfect program for us. After seeing all of the other FPP posts I had high expectations, and Angela Lee from Oklahoma (my awesome February Foodie Penpal) definitely lived up to those, and even surpassed them.
She sent a fantastic Heart Healthy package that included the items to make one of her family’s favorite meals, along with local barbecue sauce and handmade chocolates from a local artisan.
The items she sent were:
- Billy Sims Oklahoma original sweet & mild BBQ sauce
- Near East roasted red pepper and basil quinoa
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Conversation hearts
- Chocolate covered sunflower seeds
- Agave Sun dried tomatoes in oil
- Gluten free pasta
- Fried green tomato batter
- Kraft dried tomato everything dressing
- A candy heart
- Thai Kitchen lemongrass & chili soup and green onion
- Red and green bell peppers
- Chocolates from Nouveau – Atelier de Chocolate, a local artisan Belgian chocolate shop
- And a warm card explaining what everything is and why she included the items
Thank you so much Angela! You definitely made my first time participating extremely special and memorable. Can’t wait for next month!
Read about Blakeley’s February Foodie Penpal package here!
Learn more about Foodie Penpals here.
Posted by: Pam (guest blogger)