It’s here! The holiday season is officially upon us, and Christmas is only a few weeks away. As exciting as this time of year can be, shopping, figuring out what to get everyone on your gift list, and finding the time to get it can be quite the headache. But don’t worry – Blakeley’s here to save the day! I’ve compiled a list of 25 gifts suitable for nearly everyone on that list, including the pickiest teen, the impossible-to-shop-for boyfriend, the picky mother-in-law, the dad who doesn’t “need” anything, and the one who already has everything. BONUS – they’re all under $50! Hopefully this will help knock off one or two folks on your “nice” list.
(P.s. Several of these products are made or sold by friends of mine or local businesses I frequent. I think it’s important to support small businesses, shop local, and buy from people you trust – don’t you agree?) Happy reading, and happy shopping!
1. Sparkly polish. Because what girl couldn’t use a pop of glitter during the holidays? Stick a bottle of red shimmer polish in a clear baggie with sparkly tinsel in the bottom and tie it with a red ribbon, and you have the perfect gift for anyone! Some of my holiday favorites include Essie’s ‘Toggle to the Top’ and ‘Mind Your Mittens’ (approx. $8.50/bottle), O.P.I’s ‘It’s Frosty Outside’ and ‘Glitzerland’ (approx. $9/bottle), and China Glaze’s ‘Elfin’ Around’ and ‘Charmed, I’m Sure’ (approx. $7/bottle).
2. Colorful cufflinks. If you’re shopping for a guy who’s not afraid of a pop of color, you can’t go wrong with these fun silk knot cufflinks ($20/pair). You can even score a pair with the logo of his favorite sports team for about $20-60.
3. Maple bacon lollipops. Yes, you read that right. The perfect goodie for any bacon lover! These babies are only $2.50 each, but don’t stop there. BaconFreak.com is your headquarters for all things bacon. So why not add on a bacon air freshener ($4.95), maple bacon coffee ($10.95), or splurge on one of the many bacon bundles?!
4. Fun foods. Speaking of food, you’re sure to find the perfect gift for the foodie in your life at mouth.com. Here, you can find anything from S’mores Marshmallows ($8.50) to Pickled Thai Basil Jalapenos ($12). Did I mention it’s all handmade, small-batch indie food?
5. Accessories galore. The perfect complement the your trendy girly girl’s accessory collection, without the hefty price tag. I’ll take one of everything, please. No seriously – this girl has everything you could ever want. $5+. (‘Like’ Your Jewelry Box‘ on Facebook and private message her to place an order.) Be sure to tell her your found her on my blog!
6. Multi-purpose lunch box. The absolute perfect kitchen accessory for any student, Suzie homemaker, co-worker or travel buddy. I mean, who wouldn’t want a slim, sleek lunch box whose lid doubles as a cutting board? ($20)
7. “Diamond” studs. Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but they’re pricey. These square rhinestone studs ($19) will go with any outfit, suit any style, and put a smile on any gal’s face.
8. Classy bar ware. Does someone on your gift list love to host and entertain? Or maybe they just moved into a new place. Give them something practical and tasteful without breaking the bank. These slanted rocks and highball glasses are fun for everyone ($27.80-$31.80/set of 4), and who wouldn’t want to drink in style from this gold-rimmed Salud Carafe and Tasting Set ($24.95)?
9. Not your average card game. If you haven’t played Cards Against Humanity, you’re missing out of some of the most fun you’ll have in a while. This adult card game is hilarious. inappropriate, raunchy, and all kinds of perfect for anyone who loves games, enjoys a good time with friends, and isn’t easily offended. ($25, available online only) (P.s. You can download it for free and print it off yourself. Maybe not the classiest thing to give as a gift, but definitely worth doing for yourself.)
10. Tea infuser. The perfect gift for that tea drinker on your list. Go cute with this Manatea Tea Infuser ($10.95) or traditional with this colorful spoon-style infuser ($9.95). Either way, you’re sure to put a smile on their face every time they take a sip.
11. Beautiful, custom, hand-made jewels. Can you ever really go wrong with jewelry? Well, I suppose you can, but not if you have something custom-made for the recipient. Ellie’s Sparkles offers beautiful, hand-crafted bracelets ($20+), wire-wrapped rings ($15) and earrings made in any color and any size. Pair a tassel chain link bracelet ($20) with a pair of stackable glass-beaded bangles ($20 each) and your pal will definitely love you forever. Did I mention you can order them in team colors? (The owner of Ellie’s Sparkles is a dear friend of mine, and personally makes each order herself. Tell her you heard about ES from me and receive 10% off your purchase through 12/31/13! Private message her on her Facebook page to order.)
12. All-natural, seriously amazing bath products. If someone on your gift list loves to be pampered, this is the perfect gift. Also great for moms, the in-laws and co-workers! I recently discovered products by Nicole Made This and can’t get enough. All of her products are hand-crafted and made in small batches to ensure quality and perfection, and made with natural ingredients. Great for those with even the most sensitive skin. Whether you go with the “Good Clean Fun Stuff” ($13), “Coffee Scrub” ($12) which smells incredible, or the “Foaming Soy Milk Bath Soak” ($12), the recipient will be oohing and ahhing for days. (My favorite fragrances are Sweet Cherry Almond, Bamboo & Sugarcane, The Green Bee, and Bellinis With Brunch!)
13. Dips, spices and yumminess. Not sure what to buy his parents or your boss? These delectable dips, rubs, glazes and oils from River City Gourmet are always a hit. The chipotle ranch dip ($4), apple pie cheese ball, and cranberry pecan praline sauce ($7) are always crowd pleasers, and the garlic-infused olive oil ($18 for a sample pack) makes everything taste delish! (The owners are two of the sweetest people ever – you should definitely order from them 🙂 )
14. Jewelry + Travel Heaven. This Jewelry Roll bag ($39) from Stella & Dot might just be one of the greatest things since coffee machines. Absolutely perfect for the traveler or jewelry-fiend. No more tangled jewelry, missing earrings or damaged stones – think how many headaches and teeth clenches you’ll save her! Not to mention it’s absolutely adorable.
15. Superb sunglasses. What teen or monogram-loving girlfriend wouldn’t want to rock a pair of shades with her initials on the side ($34)? The perfect accessory to any girl’s collection, and so cute you might want a pair for yourself, too!
16. Fun socks. Men don’t get to accessorize like we women do, so we have to help them shine in any way possible. Jazz up their every day attire with a fun pair of bright and colorful patterned socks. ($12/pair) These days, it’s even trendy for him to wear them with a suit!
17. Portable speaker. The Jam Bluetooth Wireless Speaker ($39.99) is absolutely perfect for any music lover, traveler or beach goer. No electricity needed, small enough to throw in a purse or travel bag, and loud enough to hear over the crashing waves. Everyone should have one. (Tip: Pick one up at Bed Bath & Beyond and use one of their infamous 20% off coupons to save $8.)
18. 5-year daily journal. I think just about anyone would appreciate the One Line A Day Memory Book ($16.95). How neat would it be to look back year after year to see what you did on that day one year ago? It’s something people might not ever think of, but would be thankful for.
19. Holiday “cheers!” Wine always makes for a great gift for anyone. Instead of stopping by the supermarket and picking up a $5 bottle of Boone’s Farm on your way to the party, show that you put some effort into it. Ooh La La‘s sparkling wine’s (about $9/bottle) packaging is precious and will be adored by all females. And who wouldn’t love a bottle of holiday-inspired wine, like Red Christmas, White Christmas, and Mulled Christmas ($9.99/bottle). Made at one of my favorite wineries in one of my favorite places to visit – Door County, WI.
20. Comfies for the whole family. Who doesn’t love a nice pair of comfy PJs? Pajamagram.com has dozens of jammies for men, women and kids, and even matching sets for the whole family. Order straight from their site and have them shipped directly to the recipient, gift wrapped and packaged in a personalized bag and all. ($34.99+)
21. Custom iPhone case. Buying for a phone-a-holic or a picture freak? Surprise them with a custom iPhone case covered in their very own photos ($39.95)! Find your favorites, upload to the site, select your design, and voila! Your pal can oogle over those adorably embarrassing pictures day and night. Also great for parents, siblings and in-laws. Be sure to order in advance – production and shipping may take a while. (Cutoff time for guaranteed delivery before Christmas is 12/3/13.)
22. Personal puzzle. Shopping for siblings, parents, newlyweds, or just a best friend? A photo puzzle is something unique and memorable, plus it’ll make for a fun activity! Order a 150-piece at Walgreens.com for only $14.99 or a 252-piece for $24.99 at Shutterfly.com.
23. Men’s shave set. Another awesome product from Nicole Made This, the men’s Stubble Bubble shave set with three soap pucks and brush is great for any guy. It smells amazing and will make his face softer than ever. And let’s face it – we all love a soft face on a man, and a nice smell is an extra perk! ($21)
24. Custom monogram baseball hats. Perfect for him or her, any age, any style. Customize a Polo Ralph Lauren chino hat for the recipient from start to finish: you pick the hat color, the embroidery color, the font, and can even personalize it with their initials. I’ve had mine for six years and still love it to pieces, and always get compliments on it. ($35)
25. Not-your-average teas. If a tea infuser isn’t the right fit, perhaps a fun flavor of tea leaves might be. David’s Tea has hundreds of one-of-a-kind teas, including Red Velvet Cake ($6.75), Coffee Cake ($7.59), Kiwis Big Adventure ($7.50), and seasonal flavors like White Chocolate Frost ($8.50). They have real pieces of fruit, spices and chocolate, and come in pretty packaging.
BONUS!: Because you’re awesome, I decided to share one of my secret shopping weapons: Groopdealz.com. This killer site has daily deals of boutique-style items, including home accessories, jewelry, clothes, baby/kids goods, holiday items, and pretty much everything else you could want. Now is the perfect time to take advantage of the site, but it’s also great to keep up with all year.
If you end up purchasing anything mentioned above, let me know in the comments below! Also, if you have any additional suggestions I would love to hear and share them as well. Happy holidays!
*Photos captured from products’ websites.
Heading to a holiday gift exchange? CLICK HERE for gift ideas that fall within every price range!