What an exciting (and super busy) past few days it’s been! So much fun stuff going on and I can’t wait to share about all of it with you. Last week was full of beauty, pampering and firsts, which brings me to this post!
Last Monday, a new boutique salon opened here in Jacksonville and I cannot say enough amazing things about it. LASH is basically your one-stop-shop for all things beautiful in the most glamorous studio ever! They offer eyelash extensions, full waxing treatments, microblading and other brow services, facials and much more, and their artists are some of the most talented around. A few local bloggers were invited to get a sneak peek inside the salon before it opened to the public and learn first-hand what all they have to offer, and I was lucky enough to attend.
I could say a million things about the decor and salon itself, but I’ll just let the pictures do all the talking. Talk about GLAM! I absolutely love all the black, white and gold (those were my wedding colors, after all!), and pretty sure I see one of those swinging chairs in my future home. In addition to the absolutely gorgeous space, the owner, Tammy, is the sweetest woman ever. She is beautiful, bubbly and brings so much energy to the room, and you can tell she genuinely cares about her clients. She said she wanted to open a salon where women can come be treated like queens – yaaaassss girl! Who doesn’t want to feel like royalty? Her staff is made up of the sweetest group of ladies who are passionate about what they do and are all extremely talented. I got to experience for myself the next evening when I was treated to my very first facial!
Having never had a facial before I had no idea what to expect, but I can’t imagine you get treated like this at just any salon. When you walk in you’re greeted with a friendly welcome and a glass of champagne (yes, please!). They had me fill out a brief questionnaire about my skin and what I’d like to see from my skin, and then it was game time. I was escorted through the salon to a private room in the back, which was set with low lights, relaxing music and a chocolate on the bed. If you’ve never had a facial, it went a little something like this (at LASH):
- I changed into the strapless robe that was provided, snuggled up under a fluffy blanket, and made myself comfy on the cozy bed.
- Brooke, my fabulous facial-ologist (I think I just made that up) evaluated my skin and determined the best mask treatment for me. After we took a selfie, of course.
- She dimmed the lights and removed my makeup. I never knew that could be so relaxing!
- I kind of dozed in and out so I’m not sure what order everything took place … but she put pads over my eyes, extracted some of the gunk, and applied the mask. Somewhere in there she massaged my face, which is when I became too relaxed to focus. I never knew someone touching my face could be so nice! I felt so much tension in my jaw and temples being released.
- While the mask was sitting, I enjoyed an arm and hand massage. Ahhhhhh.
- Everything smelled amazing and felt so good. The tingling sensation of the mask was so relaxing!
- She removed the mask with warm water, lifted the pads from my eyes, and told me to take my time getting up and getting back dressed.
- Said goodbye to the chocolate that was sitting on the pillow and finished my champagne :).
- The treatment was a full hour and it was nothing short of perfect.
I never really thought much about a facial because I never thought someone touching my face could be so wonderful. But boy was I wrong! The entire experience was unbelievably relaxing and my skin was instantly glowing. I’ve struggled with red, splotchy, textured skin for the past few years and honestly thought I was going to have to see a dermatologist and be treated with medication. After my facial, Brooke told me she’s pretty confident that my skin was just super congested and I should see a drastic difference over the next few days. It’s been a week and my skin is seriously SO much better. It’s radiant and silky, and the redness is drastically reduced. All I can say is where has LASH been and why haven’t I had a facial before now? It’s exactly what this mama needed, and now I’m officially hooked.
If you’re in the Jacksonville area, I highly recommend giving them a call and scheduling an appointment. You will NOT regret it – I promise! It’s the perfect opportunity to pamper yourself with a facial, lash extensions or one of their many other services. (Speaking of lash extensions, I’ve got a video of my experience with that coming soon! But lemme tell you – they look UH-MAZING!) They’re offering 20% off all services through February 25th – if you go be sure to let them know that I sent you!
Check out LASH’s website for a full list of their services, and be sure to follow them on Instagram and Facebook for more about their salon and specials. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, too!
The pictures are really awesome!
Love all the pics!